TRADE SURPLUS WITH THE UNITED KINGDOM REACHED US$27.71 MILLION BY JULY 2020
Guatemala’s trade balance with the United Kingdom remains favorable and as of July of this year reached the figure of US$27.71 million, according to the Bank of Guatemala. Exports in the first seven months of 2020 reached US$52.58 million, while imports from the UK reached US$24.87 million.
Agricultural industry exported the most to the United Kingdom, US$40.62 million, while the manufacturing industry exported US$11.97 million.
The main products exported to the United Kingdom until July 2020 were:
- Legumes and vegetables (peas): US$11.09 million
- Cardamom: US$9.25 million
- Coffee: US$5.80 million
- Beverages, alcoholic liquids and vinegars: US$5.04 million
- Fresh, dry and frozen fruits: US$5.03 million
The main imports from the United Kingdom were:
- Vehicles and transport equipment: US$8.59 million
- Products of the chemical industry: US$2.46 million
- Beverages, alcoholic liquids and vinegars: US$2.29 million
The commercial relationship with the United Kingdom has been strengthened in recent years and this country offers great potential for Guatemalan exports.