REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL TO GUATEMALA THROUGH LA AURORA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
The Embassy of Guatemala in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland shares information concerning to the updated guidelines and procedures that every traveler must comply with to enter Guatemala through La Aurora International Airport, in relation to the Government’s provisions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Among the travel requirements to enter Guatemala are:
- PCR or Antigen test, no more than 96 hours before boarding, carried out in a laboratory certified by the respective country.
- Passengers who demonstrate that due to circumstances beyond their control or due to a proven major cause they were not able to obtain the result on time, they will be allowed to board, indicating that they will be given a nasopharyngeal and/or oropharyngeal swab test upon arrival at La Aurora Airport, on which has a cost of USD $ 25.00 dollars or Q 200 quetzales, which must be paid by the interested, at the Covid-19 test kiosk in the international area of the airport and they must wait for the result within the facilities.
- Fill the Health Pass Form (Pase de Salud) prior departure, available online: https://sre.gt/ .
- Mandatory use of a mask for people over 2 years of age, except for the passenger who has a certified medical contraindication not to use it.
- You should not travel if you have any acute respiratory symptoms, high temperature or suspicion of Covid-19.
It is important that all passengers comply with the guidelines, rules, regulations and provisions of the Government of Guatemala and the Ministry of Public Health. If you want to learn more, you can find them at the following link: bit.ly/2WWP763.
Finally, it is recommended that each passenger confirm with their airline the requirements that they must take prior to the trip.