REQUIREMENTS TO TRAVEL TO GUATEMALA THROUGH LA AURORA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Updated on 19th April
The Embassy of Guatemala in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland shares updated information concerning to the updated guidelines and procedures that every traveler must comply with to enter Guatemala through La Aurora International Airport, in relation to the Government’s provisions to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Among the travel requirements to enter Guatemala are:
- Antigen or PCR test, no more than 72 hours before boarding. Any test should be carried out in a laboratory certified by the country of origin.
- If you have been diagnosed and recovered from Covid-19, in the past three months, a medical certificate should be presented.
- If you have already been vaccinated against Covid-19, with two doses, a valid certificate should be presented.
- Mandatory use of a mask for people over 2 years of age, except for the passenger who has a certified medical contraindication not to use it.
- You should not travel if you have any acute respiratory symptoms, high temperature or suspicion of Covid-19.
Children under 10 years of age do not require to get a Covid-19 test.
There’s a ban on foreign travellers who have been in the UK, South Africa or Brazil in the preceding 14 days will be restricted from boarding Guatemala-bound flights. The ban is in place until April 30 and will be reviewed after that date.
Excemptions apply to Guatemalan citizens, residents, Diplomats and crew members.
If you are traveling by land, the same requirements should be complied. The PCR or Antigen test should be valid at the moment of entering the country.
It is important that all passengers comply with the guidelines, rules, regulations and provisions of the Government of Guatemala and the Ministry of Public Health. If you want to learn more, you can find them at the following link: bit.ly/2WWP763.
Finally, it is recommended that each passenger confirm with their airline the requirements that they must take prior to the trip.